First I want to say congratulations to the NFL, the city of New Orleans, the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers for such a great Superbowl experience! Secondly I want to thank Baltimore for beating the 49ers as they knocked out the home team (Falcons) and congratulate them for winning Superbowl 47!
Along with the Ravens here are my top 10 Winners from Sunday’s experience:
- Beyonce and the NFL: The NFL brought Beyonce back to the half-time show and not only did she put on a great show, she also helped the NFL continue transform America’s most popular sport into a true entertainment event for all. Shout to Kelly Rowland!
- Movies – Various: Iron Man 3, Oz, Star Trek 2, World War Z, Fast & Furious 6 and others primed us for a spring and summer filled with theatrical hits!
- Social Media: Once again social media played a huge part in the overall experience, moving us to act and pass the time when the lights went out.
- Tide – Miracle Stain: GREAT idea and execution. Hands down one of the best creative pieces of the night! I still can’t believe she washed it.
- Kia Sorento – Various Great stories told in about 60 seconds! Period. Space Babies is my favorite.
- Hyundai Santa Fe – Epic Playdate: Great creative with a touch of epic, making for memorable content.
- Mercedes Benz – Soul: How do you reposition a premium brand to touch a more cost conscious market? Show them the car, show them the perks of owning the car, show them it’s worth making a deal with the devil, and then tell them it’s on 30K. Brilliant.
- Taco Bell – Viva Young:Â Great idea reminding us that age is a state of mind.
- Bud Light – Various: My favorite is Lucky Chair… still trying to figure out who’s luckier the chair or us getting to watch the beautiful Zoe Saldana sitting in it!?! Hmmmm
- Jeep -“Whole Again”: Jeep did a decent job saying what we’ve all been thinking. Execution wasn’t spectacular but the message pushed it into the top 10 for me.
- Blackberry: After dropping the RIM name, Blackberry aimed to make a statement that the new OS is here to disrupt… and that it’s easier to tell us what it doesn’t do.
- PSY – Wonderful Pistachios:Â Way to ride the Gangman style wave and make us all get up and dance.
- Doritos: Though the Crash the Superbowl Ads won’t win any awards (in my opinion) they continued to show us just how good crowd-sourced content can be!
- Budweiser (Classic): Though the Budweiser Black Crown commercials didn’t fair well, many were pleased to see the clydesdales return in an emotional, and compelling way.
- eTrade: Consistently making us laugh with the talking baby that doesn’t seem to age physically but continuously grows in investing experience.
- Oreo – Whisper Fight: Funny idea bucking the status quo with a social media twist
What do you think? Who were your Superbowl winners?